Yellow Vietnam Kratom is a somewhat lesser-known kratom strain that is gaining popularity in the United States and other regions where kratom use is on the rise. The alkaloids found in this variety of Mitragyna speciosa, otherwise known as the kratom tree, give it a unique set of effects that are known to offer the sought after soothing effects of the plant without a feeling of heavy sedation. It has other appealing properties as well and is worth looking into in more detail below.
The Origins of Yellow Vietnam Kratom
Yellow Vietnam Kratom has its origins in the Mekong Delta region of Vietnam. This region provides excellent conditions that support optimal growth for the kratom tree. The Mekong River flows freely here, supporting all sorts of tropical flora and fauna. The river helps to provide life-giving water but it also brings in nutrients and minerals that result in a rich and fertile soil that helps promote a high alkaloid content within the leaves of the kratom tree. The Vietnamese people native to this region have been harvesting kratom leaves for generations.
All varieties of Mitragyna speciosa are native to the regions of Southeast Asia, with the many countries found here all providing the tropical environment that encourages lush growth. This environment gives the trees the ability to produce large quantities of kratom leaves that have been harvested by locals for many years. Bali, Thailand, Borneo, Indonesia, Sumatra, Malaysia, and Vietnam are some of the top exporting kratom countries with many high-quality varieties originating here.
Varieties of kratom are typically described using their region of origin alongside their vein of kratom they fall under. For instance, Red Thai kratom originates in Thailand and is a red vein variety. Green Indo kratom comes from Indonesia and is a green vein variety. There are also some varieties, like Red Maeng Da, that don’t exactly relate to a specific region of origin.
Yellow Vietnam Kratom Effects and Benefits
Yellow Vietnam Kratom has a unique alkaloid profile that gives it a set of benefits and effects that are specific to this variety. The alkaloids found in all varieties of kratom are the source of the plant’s power and can offer everything from euphoric feelings to chronic pain relief to mental clarity and increased energy. Below are some of the effects and benefits you can expect when consuming Yellow Vietnam Kratom.
- Pain Relief – Yellow Vietnam Kratom can act as an effective pain reliever. Many kratom strains have this effect and it can directly benefit anyone who is struggling with mild to chronic pain symptoms. By interacting with the pain receptors in the brain, the high alkaloid content in Yellow Vietnam Kratom Strains can offer some of the same pain-relieving effects as prescription medications, without the addicting side-effects some of these have. Large quantities of kratom are typically needed for more intense pain relief and getting the proper dosage to meet any specific needs you have is important.
- Relaxation – Another benefit of this Vietnam kratom strain is that it can have a relaxing effect. This calming benefit can give kratom users a soothing and mellow feeling throughout their mind and body. Some other varieties of kratom have this relaxing effect as well but are often more potent and result in feelings of heavy sedation. Yellow strains can offer a good option for anyone looking for a sense of calm and without feeling sedated.
- Sense of Well-Being – Some kratom users also enjoy this variety of kratom for the sense of well-being it can provide. It tends to have a balanced effect in this regard, with slight euphoric feelings possible after consumption that can help improve your mood or just make you feel nice in a way that is hard to pinpoint. Some people use it as an anti-depressant for long-term benefits but it can also help if you are simply having a bad day.
- Increased Mental Focus – Yellow Vietnam Kratom can also provide increased mental focus that can be of benefit to anyone who has an important task to take care of or just wants to feel more alert. This property again relates to the yellow strain not causing much sedation and instead, more of a mellow and slightly uplifting feeling. If you are looking for a boost in mental clarity without the jittery side effects of caffeine or other stimulants, this can be a good alternative.
Yellow Vietnam Compared to Other Kratom Strains
Yellow Vietnam Kratom has a few key differences compared to other kratom strains. The most apparent difference, on the surface at least, is the color of this strain. While you might be thinking that yellow vein kratom is a new strain of Mitragyna speciosa, it actually gets its yellow color from the drying process of the leaves. Vietnamese harvesters use a cold drying process that seems to enhance the already darker color of this variety. Red vein, green vein, and white vein are the three main veins of kratom and yellow vein kratom is a noticeably different variety because of its unique color.
Some kratom users don’t like the bitter taste that the leaves can have. The taste of kratom can definitely take some getting used to and some people even experience an upset stomach when they consume it. Yellow vein kratom has more of a mellow and approachable taste that a lot of people find to be far more appealing than other strains. Whether you choose to use Yellow Vietnam powder, leaves, or even capsules you can expect this variety to taste better overall and have less of an effect on anyone with a sensitive stomach. It has a sweeter flavor that is actually very palatable compared to the other strains of kratom out there.
A lack of heavily sedative effects is another difference Yellow Vietnam Kratom has over other strains. While some people may be seeking this benefit that is common in red strains, when consumed in large quantities, other kratom users don’t want to be that drastically affected by the plant. Yellow strains make for a good choice with this in mind because you can expect to not feel the sedative properties you would with other varieties. If you do want a kratom strain that is really good for issues such as insomnia or want to feel more pronounced effects, you will probably want to explore another variety.
Yellow Vietnam Kratom Products and Other Yellow Vein Kratom Strains
While Yellow Vietnam Kratom, and yellow strains in general, are not yet as popular as the other main veins, you can still get access to some quality products that use this variety. There are also some other yellow vein kratom strains out there that you can explore to see if they provide the effects, feeling, or taste you might be looking for.
Dried Yellow Vietnam Kratom leaves are the most readily available option for users in the United States or anywhere kratom can be purchased. These leaves can be brewed as a tea and then drank to experience the effects. Yellow Vietnam Kratom powder can also be found, which is made by crushing the leaves until they form a fine powder. This powder can be mixed into many different food and drinks, so you can get creative in the kitchen when you are using it. The powder can also be put into capsules and then swallowed. Kratom capsules are a good option for anyone who really doesn’t like the taste of kratom. Kratom extracts are also available, although Yellow Vietnam Kratom extract can be hard to find as of yet. Extracts are a concentrated form of kratom that can provide potent benefits that occur quickly.
If you want to explore some other yellow strains of kratom other than Yellow Vietnam, these are varieties that grow in different regions of Southeast Asia:
- Yellow Sumatra – Grown in Sumatra, this yellow strain can provide a nice uplifting feeling while boosting your mood.
- Yellow Bali – Native to the island of Bali in Indonesia, these strains have a good blend of energizing and calming effects without being overwhelming.
- Yellow Malay – This strain grows in Malaysia and also offers slight pain relief while promoting a sense of well-being.
- Yellow Borneo – Found in Borneo, this strain can help increase energy and provide relief against discomfort.
As always, it’s important to remember that kratom users can all have individual experiences when taking any type of kratom, the effects and benefits listed above all depend on the dose you take and how receptors in your body interact with the alkaloids found in kratom. In the United States, the FDA does not currently recommend the use of kratom, even though it is legal in many regions of the country.